Saturday, November 17, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Game Plan

I've decided that if I make a game plan for Thanksgiving I'm less likely to over indulge. I'm excited yet nervous about all the delicious food that will be around.

So far here is my game plan...

First, I'll eat a healthy but filling breakfast. Probably Blueberry Muffin Oatmeal, that way I will be full but won't be using a ton of points.

I plan on drinking a lot of water through out the day and during the meal.

I will eat a ton of veggies and fruit, good for me and filling.  I'm making Roasted Green Bean "Fries" the only point is for the 1 teaspoon of olive oil and that would only be one point if you ate the whole batch. I don't plan on doing that since I have to share with my family, but they are so good that I probably could eat all of them. (I'll try to remember to take pics and make a recipe for it on here).

My Mom makes this amazing frozen pea salad, it has a lot of veggies but also mayo and cheese. I think I'm going to make a smaller size one for me where I can make a lighter version of the salad, and then I'll know the points for it as well.

I'm also bringing measuring cups to the table with me! I want to be able to eat what I want, but I also want to keep the serving sizes in check, it is a holiday but that's not a reason to over eat. This will probably be the first thanksgiving where I do not feel overly stuffed after the meal. I plan to feel happily full and satisfied.

Do you have a game plan yet? Either way, enjoy your thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

  1. i love how detailed you are. you are so committed and it shows, and pays off! you look great.

    ReplyDelete